Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Itroduction

Hi, my name is Rachel Eklund and I am originally from Missouri.  I grew up in Springfield until I was ten and then moved to Kansas City- a wonderful place to grow up.  I am a twenty year old pursuing a career in internet marketing.

I have five siblings so life was never boring growing up.  I was also home schooled which inevitably created an inner nerd.  I love activities that work the mind like chess, playing complex Back Fugues (I love Baroque music), and intellectual discussions about anything.

In the past I pursued music as my career of choice.  I have played piano since I was seven.  I was classically trained and always had a thing for Beethoven.  When I entered as a freshman into Washburn my idea was to eventually get a doctorate in musicology.

Previous injuries from practicing piano too rigorously haunted me every day- I was miserable.  Around the beginning of last semester I heard about internet marketing from a friend who is successful in the area.  He has developed a course that I began taking and I loved it. I still miss the thrill of finishing a Beethoven sonata, but I believe this is the new path I should take.  I am looking forward to a new life in the mass media department!








No comments:

Post a Comment