Thursday, January 19, 2017

Colin Truhe Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Colin Truhe. I was born and raised in Salina, Kansas which is about an hour and fifteen minutes west of Topeka. While growing up in Salina I spent a lot of time at Rolling Hills Zoo. I started volunteering when I was too young to be employed, but after I turned 16 I began working. I have worked in many different areas at the zoo, including general operations and with the education department.
I also love to travel! I have been to 25 states and I have also visited another country. This past summer some friends and I went on a 12-day road trip where we hiked mountains in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. While on this trip we also visited and hiked around the Grand Canyon. Despite being rained on almost every night it was one of the best experiences that I have had since coming to college.
I am currently switching my major from communications to Mass Media with an emphasis in Public Relations. I decided to switch majors because communications was not quite what I expected it to be, and mass media will help to give me more direction as I get closer to graduation. Communications is a broad degree, while Mass Media with an emphasis is more specific.


No comments:

Post a Comment