Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hey! I'm Sarah

Hello, my name is Sarah Miller. This is a very common name so I have actually met four people with the exact same name as me. I grew up in a very small town called Plainville and I only had 30 people in my graduating class. As you can imagine this means that I knew everybody in my school because we had all grown up together. Plainville is about three and a half hours from Topeka, and that was one of the main factors in coming to Washburn. I wanted some distance from the town where I knew everyone. I also fell in love the atmosphere and small class sizes. My family is a bit non-traditional. My mom raised me and my two sisters by herself. My sisters are a lot younger than me, my middle sister is 11 and my youngest sister is 3.
I am a Mass Media major, my emphasis as of now is film and video but I am thinking of switching to Contemporary Journalism. I am double minoring in English (Writing Emphasis) and Women and Gender Studies. I have always been a huge nerd and I absolutely love Harry Potter. My hobbies include reading, writing, watching TV, and politics. I was almost a political science major but I decided that it was more of a hobby for me than a career. Back home I have two furbabies: a dog and cat. We rescued our dog, Rags, from a shelter about six years ago and we got our cat, Eileen, from a farm about a year ago. She couldn't survive very well in the wild because she was born with only three legs so we took her home. They are now best friends who do everything together.
I am really looking forward to the rest of this class and this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment